Software Quality Assurance – when it needs to work correctly, the first time.
If your next project involves a software rollout of any size or complexity, it is critical to test every aspect of front- and back-end interfaces to ensure customer satisfaction. Apex has the depth of Quality Assurance experience to deliver an on-time, predictable, and successful release.
Whether it’s a customized ERP system or an off-the shelf implementation, software quality has become a critical factor in supporting product releases or critical enterprise-wide initiatives. Leading organizations recognize that importance and strive for optimal quality of systems, engineering, and development processes. One way to achieve this goal is rigorous, systematic evaluation and testing of the developed software. Industry-leading organizations have found ways to incorporate testing and quality assurance processes and procedures into the regular practice of software development and system releases.
The smooth operation of your enterprise depends largely on the reliability of the software systems that support business processes and critical tasks. Implementing a proven and predictable software quality assurance program will contribute to smooth system implementations, raise customer satisfaction, and reduce overall production maintenance costs.
The Apex Solution
Apex Quality Assurance professionals have the proven expertise in delivering both simple and complex releases for our clients by following this approach:
- The first critical task is to identify the appropriate Quality Assurance Manager and test team for your next initiative. Apex has experience in Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM software development and testing life cycles. We consistently deliver software testing projects on time and on budget.
- The next task is to ensure that the appropriate tools and best practices are in place to support a given project. If your company already has a robust quality assurance process and tool kit, we will adopt and follow your current process. Otherwise if needed, Apex can quickly tailor our existing proven testing methodologies and templates to your project’s needs.
- Test plans are crucial to maintaining organizational quality. These must include the controls and templates used to manage:
- scope changes
- issues and risks
- status reporting
- sign offs at key milestones
- a successful go-live
- Traceability matrices mapped to business requirements ensure that appropriate test cases and test scripts are developed to support a given software testing effort.
- Test scripts must be written in an easy-to-manage and maintain format and stored in a central repository. Apex will work with you if needed to implement the appropriate test script management system.
- Apex can supplement your existing testing resources, or handle any software quality assurance effort from end to end.
- Your Subject Matter Experts’ time is limited. Our quality assurance team knows this and will ask the right probing questions up front to minimize time spent reviewing and signing off on test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Quality Assurance Management: Apex is able to staff your next initiative with an experienced Quality Assurance Manager.
- Traceability Matrices: Our team members will review Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and develop traceability matrices that ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Test Case and Test Script authoring: Apex has years of experience writing concise and easy to execute test cases and test scripts that the test team will follow. This will ensure a software implementation that is delivered exactly as intended when it was envisioned and business requirements were drafted.
- Test script management: If you require an indexed and easy to use and maintain test script management database, Apex can help implement the right long-term solution. We have expertise and familiarity with several leading software development systems including Product Studio and Visual Studio Team Foundation.
- Test script execution: Whether you need a full test team, or supplemental test resources to support a software implementation, Apex will assign a collaborative and experienced group of Quality Assurance professionals to work with you.